School Essays and College Papers Forum
Welcome!!!

Please register if you're new to this forum. Enjoy and hope you find the help you need from here! For more essays, you can visit: www.schoolessayshelp.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!!!

Please register if you're new to this forum. Enjoy and hope you find the help you need from here! For more essays, you can visit: www.schoolessayshelp.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish Verb Book

Go down

Spanish Verb Book Empty Spanish Verb Book

Post  Tina_0888 Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 am

Present Tense The following section will be the present you are implying that the action is occurring at the present time. For example: Joseph reads the book. The reads in the sentence shows that Joseph is in the process of reading the book. Regular AR Infinitives acabar (de) to come after acompañar to accompany admirar to admire ayudar to help bailar to dance bajar to go down brillar to shine buscar to look for caminar to walk cantar to sing cenar to have supper chupar to suck cocinar to cook colabarar to collaborate coleccionar to collect comenzar to start comprar to buy conservar to conserve contestar to answer dar to give dejar to leave descansar to rest dibujar to draw doblar to turn enseñar to teach entrar to enter escuchar to listen esquiar to ski estudiar to study evitar to avoid explicar to explain fascinar to fascinate formar to farm ganar to win gustar to like hablar to speak interesar to interest lavar to wash limpiar to clean llegar to arrive llevar to take mirar to look at neccisitar to need observar to observe olividar to forget pagar to pay for participar to participate pasar to spend time patinar to skate pesear to wish practicar to practice preguntar to ask preparar to prepare prestar to lend programar to program quedar to be located regresar to spend money renunciar to renounce respetar to respect sacar to take out tomar to take trabajar to work viajar to travel visitar to visit Canta muy bien. She sings very well. Hablo español, I speak Spansh. ¿Poder ayundo tu? Can I help you? ¿Te viajar? Do you travel? viajar - to travel cantar - to sing ayudar - to help hablar - to speak viajo viajamos canto cantamos ayudo ayudamos hablo hablamos viajas --- cantas --- ayudas --- hablas --- viaja viajan canta cantan ayuda ayudan habla habla hablan Regular AR's are the most common of all verbs, to use them, remove the ar ending and insert the appropriate ending on the chart: o for i ___, as for you ___, a for he/she ___, amos for we ___, an for they ___. You can also use the following chart for the respective endings. Singlar Plural o amos 1st Person as --- 2nd Person a an 3rd Person Irregular AR's dar to give estar to be Da el perro Mike. He gives the dog to Mike. Yo quiero a estar un abogado. I want to be a lawyer o for singular Ella está mi amiga. She is my friend. Yo doy tú este carro. I give you this car. estar - to be dar - to give estoy estamos doy damos estas --- das --- esta estan da dan Irregular AR's truly have no rule, to use them you must learn the specific way each is conjugated. See the conjugations above. AR Stem-Changers (e - ie) cerrar to close empezar to begin nevar to show pensar to think (about) recomendar to reccomend Pieso el dinero. I am thinking about the money. Cierra el libro. He closes the book. Ellos empiezan a leer. They begin to read. Yo recomiendo el pollo. I recommend the chicken. pensar - to think cerrar - to close nevar - to show empezar - to begin pieso pensamos cierro cerramos nievo nevamos empiezo empezamos piesas --- cierras --- nievas --- empiezas --- piesa piensan cierra cierran nieva nievan empieza empiezan The AR stem-changers (e - ie) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last e in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the ar ending) to an ie, then you remove the ar ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the e to an ie, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (e - ie) o (e - e) amos 1st Person (e - ie) as --- --- 2nd Person (e - ie) a (e - ie) an 3rd Person AR Stem-Changers (o - ue) almorzar to have lunch costar to cost encontrar to find recordar to remember volar to show jugar* to play * jugar is a unique verb, it is treated as the o - ue verbs are, but with a u - ue. Muestras mi tu trabajar. Show me your work. Cuesta muchos dinero. It costs much money. Juego el partido. I play the game. Encuentran un amigo. They find a friend. mostrar - to show costar - to cost volar - to show jugar* - to play muestro mostramos cuesto costamos vuelo volamos juego jugamos muestras --- cuestas --- vuelas --- juegas --- muestra muestran cuesta cuestan vuela vuelan juega juegan The AR stem-changers (o - ue) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last o in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the ar ending) to an ue, then you remove the ar ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the o to a ue, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (o - ue) o (o - o) amos 1st Person (o - ue) as --- --- 2nd Person (o - ue) a (o - ue) an 3rd Person Reflexive AR's acercarse to approach acostarse to go to bed afeitarse to shave callarse to be quiet cepillarse to brush darse cuenta to realize darse la mano to shake hands dedicarse to devote oneself to desayunarse to eat breakfast despertarse to wake up encargarse to take charge lastimarse to hurt oneself lavarse to wash oneself levantarse to get up llamarse to be named maquillarse to put on makeup pienarse to comb preparse to prepare oneself quedarse to stay quejarse to complain refrescarse to cool off sentarse to to sit down servirse to prepare for oneself Yo me lavo las manos. I wash my hands Yo me cepillarse los dientas. I brush my teeth. Ellas se miran. They look at each other. Yo me lavo. I wash myself. lavarse - to wash (oneself) prepararse - to prepare (oneself) me lavo nos lavamos me preparo nos preparamos te lavas --- te preparas --- se lava se lavan se prepara se preparamos levantarse - to get up afeitarse - to shave me levanto nos levantamos me afeito nos afeitamos te levantas --- te afeitas --- se levanta se levantan se afeita se afeitan Reflexive verbs reflect the action of the subject back to the subject. For example a person brushes his hair, or a person shaves himself. These reflexive verbs are conjugated the same way as their non-reflexive counterparts except that to show that the action reflects you must place me, te, se, nos, or se depending upon who is the action is being done to. Reflexive verbs can also be used to express an action in which two or more people do the action to each other, for example, Ellas se miran, or they look at each other. Regular ER Infinitives aprender to learn beber to drink comer to eat comprender to understand correr to run creer to think deber to have to leer to read prometer to promise responder to answer vender to sell comer - to eat vender - to sell como momemos vendo vendemos comes --- vendes --- come comen vende venden leer - to read aprender - to learn leo lemos aprendo aprendemos lees --- aprendes --- Me gusta nadar. I like to swim. El lee. He is reading. Yo debo ir. I have to go. Janet corre. Janet runs. Regular ER's are very common verbs, to use them, remove the er ending and insert the appropriate ending on the chart: o for i ___, es for you ___, e for he/she ___, emos for we ___, en for they ___. You can also use the following chart for the respective endings. Singlar Plural o emos 1st Person es --- 2nd Person e en 3rd Person Irregular ER's (oddballs) ser to be tener to have Soy inteligente. I am Intelligent. Tu eres estupido. You are stupid. Yo tengo un libro. I have a book. Ellos tienen dinero. They have some money. ser - to be tener - to have soy somos tengo tenemos eres --- tienes --- es son tiene tienen Irregular ER's (oddballs) really have no pattern at all, each one is different. And each one you must learn on your own. Irregular ER's (First Person) conocer to know desaparecer to disappear hacer to do, make parecer to seem poner to put, place, set saber to know traer to bring ver to see Yo conozco esa. I know that. Pones la mesa. Set the table. Lo veo. I see it. Nosotros traemos dinero. We bring money. conocer - to know hacer - to do, make conozco conocemos hago hacemos conoces --- haces --- conoce conocen hace hacen poner - to put, place, set saber - to know pongo ponemos sé sabemos pones --- sabes --- pone ponen sabe saben traer - to bring ver - to see traigo traemos veo vemos traes --- ves --- trae traen ve ven Irregular ER's (First Person) follow the same rule regular ers except that the first person singular is changed. You must find the way that each is changed. ER Stem Changers (e - ie) perder to lose entender to understand querer to want encender to turn on, light up defender to defend Yo pierdo mi cabeza. I am losing my head. El pierde el partido. He is losing the game. Entiendo el mathematico. I understand the math. El entiende la palabra. He understands the word. perder - to lose entender - to understand pierdo perdemos entiendo entendemos pierdes --- entiendes --- pierde pierden entiende entienden querer - to want encender - to turn on, light up quiero queremos enciendo encendemos quieres --- enciendes --- quiere quieren enciende encienden The ER stem-changers (e - ie) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last e in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the er ending) to an ie, then you remove the er ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the e to an ie, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (e - ie) o (e - e) emos 1st Person (e - ie) es --- --- 2nd Person (e - ie) e (e - ie) en 3rd Person ER Stem changers (o - ue) poder to be able volver to return mover to move morder to bite Yo puedo cantar muy bien. I can sing very well. Ella vuelve aqui. She is returning here. No mueves. Your not moving. Los lobos muerden. The wolves bite. poder - to be able volver - to return puedo podemos vuelvo volvemos puedes --- vuelves --- puede pueden vuelve vuelven mover - to move morder - to bite muevo movemos muerdo mordemos mueves --- muerdes --- mueve mueven muerde muerden The ER stem-changers (o - ue) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last o in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the er ending) to an ue, then you remove the er ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the o to a ue, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (o - ue) o (o - o) amos 1st Person (o - ue) as --- --- 2nd Person (o - ue) a (o - ue) an 3rd Person Reflexive ER's hacerse to become ponerse to put on romperse to break torcerse to twist Me rompo la pierna. I am breaking my leg. El se haces un doctor. He is becoming a doctor. Yo me pongo un calcetin. I am putting on a sock. Ella se torce el tobillo. She twists her ankle. romperse - to break hacerse - to become me rompo nos rompemos me hago nos hacemos te rompes --- te haces --- se rompe se rompen se hace hacen ponerse - to put on torcerse - to twist me pongo nos ponemos me torco nos torcemos te pones --- te torces --- se pone se ponen se torce se torcen Reflexive verbs reflect the action of the subject back to the subject. For example a person brushes his hair, or a person shaves himself. These reflexive verbs are conjugated the same way as their non-reflexive counterparts except that to show that the action reflects you must place me, te, se, nos, or se depending upon who is the action is being done to. Reflexive verbs can also be used to express an action in which two or more people do the action to each other, for example, Ellas se miran, or they look at each other. Regular IR's abrir to open asistir to attend decidir to decide decidir to decide escribir to write exigir to demand existir to exist recibir to recieve vivir to live Yo escribo. I am writing it. Lo abres. He opens it. Ella escribe. She is writing. El abre el libro. He opens the book. recibir - to receive escribir - to write recibo recibimos escribo escribimos recibes --- escribes --- recibe reciben escribe escriben decidir - to decide abrir - to open decido decidimos abro abrimos decides --- abres --- decide deciden abre abren Regular IR's are somewhat common verbs, to use them, remove the ir ending and insert the appropriate ending on the chart: o for i ___, es for you ___, e for he/she ___, imos for we ___, en for they ___. You can also use the following chart for the respective endings. Singlar Plural o emos 1st Person es --- 2nd Person e en 3rd Person Irregular IR's (Oddballs) decir to say, tell ir to go oír to hear venir to come Yo digo tú. I am telling you. Lo oyes. He hears it. Yo vengo. I am coming. Vamos. We are going. decir - to say, tell ir - to go digo decimos voy vamos dices --- vas --- dice dicen va van oír - to hear venir - to come oigo oímos vengo venimes oyes --- vienes --- oye oyen viene vienen Irregular IR's (oddballs) really have no pattern at all, each one is different. And each one you must learn on your own. Irregular IR's (First Person) conducir to drive salir to go traducir to translate Yo conduzco un carro. I am driving a car El conduce el autobus. He is driving the bus. Yo salgo. I am going out. Nosotros salimos. We are going out. conducir - to drive salir - to go out traducir - to translate conduzco conducimos salgo salimos traduzco traducimos conduces --- sales --- traduces --- conduce conducen sale salen traduce traducen Irregular IR's (First Person) follow the same rule regular irs except that the first person singular is changed. You must find the way that each is changed. Singular Plural (none) imos 1st Person es --- 2nd Person e en 3rd Person IR Stem Changers (e - ie) preferir to prefer sentir to be sorry mentir to lie Tú mientes. You are lying Prefiero esa. I prefer that. Lo siento. I am sorry. ¿Tú sientes? Are you sorry? preferir - to prefer sentir - to be sorry prefiero preferimos siento sentimos prefieres --- sientes --- prefiere prefieren siente sienten mentir - to lie miento mentimos mientes --- miente mienten The IR stem-changers (e - ie) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last e in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the ir ending) to an ie, then you remove the ir ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the e to an ie, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (e - ie) o (e - e) imos 1st Person (e - ie) es --- --- 2nd Person (e - ie) e (e - ie) en 3rd Person IR Stem Changers (e - i) pedir to order repetir to repeat servir to serve Pide arroz con pollo. He orders chicken with rice. Ellos sirven la comida. They are serving the food. Repites la pregunta, por favor. Repeat the question please. ¿Sirves nosotros? Are you serving us? pedir - to order servir - to serve pido pedimos sirvo servimos pides --- sirves --- pide piden sirve sirven repetir - to repeat repito repitimos repites --- repite repiten The IR stem-changers (e - i) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last e in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the ir ending) to an i, then you remove the ir ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the e to an i, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (e - i) o (e - e) imos 1st Person (e - i) es --- --- 2nd Person (e - i) e (e - i) en 3rd Person IR Stem Changers (o - ue) dormir to sleep morir to die El duerme. He is sleeping. Ellos duermen. They are sleeping. Mueres! Your dying! Muero! I am dying! dormir - to sleep morir - to die duermo dormimos muero morimos duermes --- mueres --- duerme duermen muere mueren The IR stem-changers (o - ue) are a type of verb. To conjugate them you simply change the last o in the stem (which means all the parts of the verb but the ir ending) to an ue, then you remove the ir ending and add the appropriate ending. However there is one exception, in first person plural you do not change the o to a ue, you leave the stem as it is before changing. You can follow the rule below. Singlar Plural (o - ue) o (o - o) imos 1st Person (o - ue) es --- --- 2nd Person (o - ue) e (o - ue) en 3rd Person Reflexive IR's convertirse to become reunirse to get together servirse to prepare for oneself Yo me sirvo un pollo. I am preparing myself a chicken. Nos reunimos algun dia. Lets get together someday. El se converte un hombe. He's becoming a man. Te sirves el pescado. Your preparing yourself some fish. convertirse - to become reunirse - to get together servirse - to prepare for oneself me converto nos convertimos me reuno nos reunimos me sirvo nos servimos te convertes --- te reunes --- te sirves --- se converte se converten se reune se reunen se sirve se sirven Reflexive verbs reflect the action of the subject back to the subject. For example a person brushes his hair, or a person shaves himself. These reflexive verbs are conjugated the same way as their non-reflexive counterparts except that to show that the action reflects you must place me, te, se, nos, or se depending upon who is the action is being done to. Reflexive verbs can also be used to express an action in which two or more people do the action to each other, for example, Ellas se miran, or they look at each other. Imperative Mood (Commands) Words in imperative mood (more commonly known as commands) are something that orders a person or group of persons to take an action. They are similar to other verbs and are taken from the other verbs. They are not conjugated except for singular, or plural commands. Singular command being one that commands only one person, and a plural command commands a group of people. Reflexive verbs also may be used as commands. There are five irregular commands which do not follow the pattern that is set by the commands before it. Polite Commands To congugate a not irregular, polite command. 1. Take the first person congugation of the verb (i.e. cantar - canto) 2. Remove the o from the end of the verb. 3. If an AR verb add e to the end, if an ER or IR verb, add a to the end. 4. If the command is plural, add an n to the end of the verb. 5. If the command is reflexive add an se to the end of the verb, then place an accent mark over the originally stressed vowel. 6. If the command is negative place a no before the verb 7. If both negative and reflexive, move the se before the verb (as a separate word), also, remove the added accent mark. 8. If the original verb ended with a CAR, make the C in the new verb a QU. 9. If the original verb ended with a GAR, make the G in the new verb a GU. 10. If the original verb ended with a ZAR, make the Z in the new verb a C. 11. You may place an usted (for singular) ustedes (for plural) lafter the verb, but it is not necessary. 1. Locate the verb on the chart below, then use the appropriate form of the verb. Verb Singular Plural Meaning dar dé den to give estar esté estén to be (temporary) ir vaya vayan to go saber sepa sepan to know ser sea sean to be (permanent) 2. If the command is negative, place a no before the verb. 3. You may place an usted (for singular) ustedes (for plural) lafter the verb, but it is not necessary. Examples: Singular (not negative, non reflexive, not irregular) Cante usted bien. Sing well. Beba usted la leche. Drink the milk. Singular (negative, non relexive, not irregular) No pase usted a la puerta. Don't go to the door. No traiga ustedes los libros. Don't bring the books. Singular (not negative, relexive, not irregular) Levántese usted a las ocho. Get up at eight o'clock. Si siéntese usted cerca de la mesa. Sit near the table. Singular (negative, relexive, not irregular) No se quite usted los guantes. Don't take off the gloves. No se lave usted la cara. Don't wash your face. Plural (not negative, not reflexive, not irregular) Hagan ustedes la tarea. Do your homework. Estudien ustedes la lección. Study your lesson. Plural (negative, non relexive, not irregular) No hagan ustedes el trabajo ahora. Don't do the work now. No coman ustedes el pan. Don't eat the bread. Plural (not negative, relexive, not irregular) Acúestense ustedes tarde. Go to bed late. Acóstense ustedes en casa. Stay at home. Plural (negative, relexive, not irregular) No se ponanse ustedes los zapatoes. Don't wear your shoes. No se acuestan ustedes a las diez. Don't wake up at six. Mixed (Irregular) Dé usted el libro a Juan. Give John the book. Estén ustedes allí a las dos. Be there at two o'clock. Vaya usted con ellos. Go with them. Sean ustedes bien por favor. Please be good. Sepa usted la lección por mañana. Know the lession for tomorrow. Informal Commands Whenever you give a command to a person that is your friend and you know. You do not need to use the polite version of that command most often an informal command is used. These have a completely different form than that of the formal commands. Using affirmative familiar commands. When using one of these commands simply follow these steps: 1. First select the verb you are going to use. 2. Take the normal second person conjugate of the verb (i.e. cantar - cantas) 3. Remove the s from the end of the verb. Examples: Toma tú café. Drink coffee. Vive tú en México. Live in Mexico. Trae tú el dinero. Bring the money Oye tú la música. Listen to the music. Canta tú ahora. Sing now. Come tú la ensalada. Eat the salad. Escribe tú la carta. Write the letter. Empieza a leer. Begin reading. Vuelve pronto. Come back soon. Da el dinero a José. Give the money to José. Using negative familiar commands. 1. First select the verb you are going to use. 2. Take the first person conjugate of that verb. 3. Take the first person congugation of the verb (i.e. cantar - canto) 4. Remove the o from the end of the verb. 5. If an AR verb add e to the end, if an ER or IR verb, then add a to the end. 6. Then place s at the end of the word. Examples: No mires la televisión esta noche. Don't watch TV tonight. No aprendas esta lección. Don't learn the lesson. No asistas al concierto. Do not attend the concert. No cier cieres la puerta. Don't close the door. No envuelvas el paquete. Wrap the packet. No pongas el espejo alli. Don't put the menu there. No vengas con cosotros. Don't come with us. No hagas el favor. Don't do the favor. No veias al museo con Robert. Don't go to the museum with Robert. No contestas a mi pregunta. Don't answer my question. Irregular Familiar Commands Certain commands are irregular and do not follow the pattern, refer to the chart for them. Verb Familiar Command Decir Di Hacer Haz Ir Ve Poner Pon Salir Sal Ser Sé Tener Ten Venir Ven Examples: Sal de me casa. Leave my house. Haz el favor de escuchar. Do me the favor of listening. Pon la silla aqui, por favor. Set the chair here, please. Di algo. Say something. Ven conmigo en seguida. Come with me at once. Sé bueno. Be good. Ve aqui. Come here. Ten paciencia. Have patience. Reflexive Informal Commands For affirmative reflexive informal commands simply attach te to the end, and add an accent mark above the previously stressed syllable. For negative reflexive informal commands place a te in front of the verb (as a separate word), there is no accent to place. Examples: No te quites los guantes. Don't take off the gloves. No te laves la cara. Don't wash your face. No te ponas el pollo. Don't fix yourself the chicken. Levánteste a las ocho. Get up at eight o'clock. Si siénteste cerca de la mesa. Sit near the table. Maquilleste en la cara. Put make up on your face. Preterite (Past) Tense This section will explain how to use all the previously mentioned verbs in the past tense. For example if you want to say I drank the milk, instead of I am drinking the milk. Simply follow the new rules for conjugation with the old verbs. Regular AR Verbs Mi lección de piano terminó a las ocho ayer. My piano lesson ended at eight yesterday. El invierno pasado nevó mucho. Last winter it snowed a lot. Nosotros admiramos las pinturas en el museo. We admired the pictures in the museum. ¿Quièn compró el coche? Who bought the car? prestar - to lend encontrar - to find contestar - to answer pensar - to think presté prestamos encontré encontramos contesté contestamos pensé pensamos prestaste --- encontraste --- contestaste --- pensaste --- prestó prestaron encontró encontraron contestó contestaron pensó pensaron The preterite tense is equivalent to the past tense in English: I ate, she went, we talked, did he work?, we did not speak.. To form the preterite tense AR's simply remove the ar at the end and instead add the following ending depending upon the subject of the verb: yo é tú aste usted, él, ella ó nosotros amos ustedes, ellos, ellas aron Regular ER Verbs Bebimos vino anoche. We drank wine last night. Ella no devolvió los libros a la biblioteca. She did not return the books to the library. ¿Qué vendieron ayer? What did they sell yesterday? ¿Que aprendieron ustedes en la clase? What did you learn in class? romper - to break defender - to defend mover - to move aprender - to learn rompí rompimos defendí defendimos moví movimos aprendí aprendimos rompiste --- defendiste --- moviste --- aprendiste --- rompió rompieron defendió defendieron movió movieron aprendió aprendieron The preterite tense is equivalent to the past tense in English: I ate, she went, we talked, did he work?, we did not speak.. To form the preterite tense ER's simply remove the er at the end and instead add the following ending depending upon the subject of the verb: yo í tú iste usted, él, ella ió nosotros imos ustedes, ellos, ellas ieron Regular IR Verbs ¿A qué hora salieron ayer? At what time did they leave yesterday? Él dividió el pastel en cuatro partes. He divided the pie into parts. Escribieron una carta anoche. They wrote a letter to their relatives. Prometiste a traer los aiertas. You promised to bring the tapes. recibir - to recieve escribir - to write describir - to describe abrir - to open recibí recibimos escribí escribimos describí describimos abrí abrimos recibiste --- escribiste --- describiste --- abriste --- recibió recibieron escribió escribieron describió describieron abrió abrieron The preterite tense is equivalent to the past tense in English: I ate, she went, we talked, did he work?, we did not speak.. To form the preterite tense IR's simply remove the ir at the end and instead add the following ending depending upon the subject of the verb: yo í tú iste usted, él, ella ió nosotros imos ustedes, ellos, ellas ieron Irregular Verbs in Preterite Tense There are several groups of irregular verbs in past tense. Each type is different and unrelated. Each are conjugated differently than the previously mentioned way, and some are very different. Oddballs Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They form dar - to give di diste dio dimos dieron ir* - to go fui fuiste fue fuimos fueron ser* - to go fui fuiste fue Fuimos fueron *Though ir and ser share the same conjugation they have different meanings you must use context clues to discover the meanings Yo di el coche. I gave him the car. Ella fue a la tienda. She went to the store Nosotros fuimos hombres. We were friends. Ellos fueron casa. They went home. Diste tu el libro a ella? Did you give the book to her? This group has no real pattern and is very odd. The U-Stem Irregulars Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They form andar - to walk anduve auviste anduvo anduvimos anduvieron caber - to fit cupe cupistestuvo cupo cupimos cupieron estar - to be estuve estuviste estuvo estuvimos estuvieron poder - to be able pude pudiste pudo pudimos pudieron saber - to know supe supiste supo supimos supieron poner - to put puse pusiste puso pusimos pusieron tener - to have tuve tuviste tuvo tuvimos tuvieron Yo anduve a escuela. I walked to school. Ella cupo en buena. She fit in well. Nosotros tuvimos un casa. We had a house. Ella estuvo un profesora. She was a teacher. Ellos pudieron a nadar. They were able to swim. The J-Stem Irregulars Verb - Meaninge I Form You Form He Form We Form They form conducir-to drive conduje condujiste condujo condujimos condujeron decir - to say dije dijiste dijo dijimos dijeron traer - to bring traje trajiste trajo trajinos trajeron Yo conduje casa. I drove home. Dijiste ayer. You told me yesterday. Ella trajo el libro. She brought the book. Ellos dijeron ayer. They said yesterday. Yo traje el coche. I brought the car. The I-Stem Irregulars Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They form hacer to do,make hice hiciste hizo* hicimos hicieron querer - to want quise quisiste quiso quisimos quisieron venir - to come vine viniste vino vinimos vinieron *This instance is irregular more than the other irregulars. Yo hice un nota buena. I made a good grade. Ella quiso un gata. She wants a cat. Nosotros vinimos casa. We came home. Ellos quisieron la comida. They want food. Ella hizo la tarjeta. She made the card The Y-Stem Irregulars Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They form caer - to fall caí caíste cayó caímos cayeron creer - to believe creí creíste creyó creímos creyeron oír - to hear oí oíste oyó oímos oyeron leer - to read leí leíste leyó leímos leyeron Ella cayó ayer. She fell yesterday. Yo oí tú. I heard you. Leímos el libro. We read the book. Creyeron me. They believe me. Yo oí las noticas. I heard the news. Imperfect tense In Spanish something is considered immperfect tense if it is equivalent to the english used to or the like, an action that was repeated. Imperfect AR Verbs Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They Form estar - to be estaba estabas estaba estábamos estaban ayudar - to help ayudaba ayudabas ayudaba ayudábamos ayudaban andar - to walk andaba andabas andaba andábamos andaban preguntar - to ask preguntaba preguntabas preguntaba preguntábamos preguntaban Yo estudiaba mis lecciones todos los los dias. I studied my lessons every day. Mi familia viajaban durante el verano. My family used to travel during the summer. Tu estabas mi amigo. You used to be my friend. El ayudabame muchos. He used to help me a lot. Nosotros andábamos a la tienda. We used to walk to the store. To form imperfect AR verbs you simply remove the AR at the end of the verb and insert the following depending upon the subject needed. yo aba tú abas usted, él, ella aba nosotros ábamos ustedes, ellos, ellas aban Imperfect ER Verbs Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They Form vender - to sell vendía vendías vendía vendíamos vendían comer - to eat comía comías comía comíamos comían poner - to put ponía Ponías ponía poníamos ponían hacer - to make hacía Hacías hacía hacíamos hacían Yo vendía libros en la tienda. I used to sell books in the store. Nosotros comíamos pollo todos las dias. We used to eat chicken every day. El ponía la mesa. He used to set the table. Ellos bebían vino. They used to drink wine. Yo leía los libros. I used to read books. To form imperfect ER verbs you simply remove the ER at the end of the verb and insert the following depending upon the subject needed. yo ía tú ías usted, él, ella ía nosotros íamos ustedes, ellos, ellas ían Imperfect IR Verbs Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They Form dormir - to sleep dormía dormías dormía dormíamos dormían sentir - to feel sentía sentías sentía sentíamos sentían partir - to leave partía partías partía partíamos partían salir - to go out salía salías salía salíamos salían Yo me dormía temprano. I used to go to sleep early. El sentía enjoada a tu. I used to feel mad at you. Nosotros sentíamos tarde. We used to leave late. Ellos salían en domingo. They used to go out on Sunday. Yo salía siempre todos las dias. I used to go out almost every day. To form imperfect IR verbs you simply remove the IR at the end of the verb and insert the following depending upon the subject needed. yo ía tú ías usted, él, ella ía nosotros íamos ustedes, ellos, ellas ían Irregular Imperfect Verbs Verb - Meaning I Form You Form He Form We Form They Form ser - to be era eras era eramos eran ir - to go iba ibas iba ibamos iban ver - to see veía veías veía veíamos veían Nosotros ibamos a la tienda. We used to go to the store. Yo veía un doctor. I used to see a doctor. Ellos eramos loco. They used to be crazy. El era un estudiante. He used to be a student. Tu ibas a casa temprano. You used to go home early These three verbs are the only verbs that are irregular in this tense, simply follow the conjugations above.

Tina_0888

Back to top Go down